For more information concerning applying for a Student and Trainee Work Visa, click on this link: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/apply-for-a-visa/about-visa/student-and-trainee-work-visa
Travel / Medical insurance is compulsory for all students entering New Zealand to study. The New Zealand Ministry of Education has provided minimum requirements as to appropriate levels of insurance cover and these requirements form part of the Ministry’s Code of Practice, which Capernwray chooses to follow.
>> To view the minimum insurance requirements for studying in New Zealand, click here.
To ensure all our students have the appropriate insurance coverage we have selected two insurance companies - Orbit Protect and Uni-Care, who offer excellent student plans which comply with the Ministry of Education’s requirements.
These plans provide cover for trips outside New Zealand for up to 31 days as long as you are in Australia or the South Pacific and you return to New Zealand. Your cover must commence on the day you begin your travel and we recommend it concludes when you arrive back home.
We require all our students to take out a policy with one of these two companies and we must receive a copy of your insurance certificate before or on arrival at school. If we do not have a copy of your insurance certificate at the time you register on the first day of school, we will require you to immediately take out a policy with either OrbitProtect or Uni-Care.
Note: we do not accept any other insurance plans other than that provided by Orbit Protect or Uni-Care
When you are ready to start the application process, you have two choices:
- Complete the Online Application form and pay your registration fee online (recommended / preferred way - Credit Card details will be required)
- Or, download and complete the Application Form and Referee Form and post or fax to the Registrar
If you decide to download the forms please follow the procedure below and send them by post.
Please fill in all the fields for your online application form (all * fields must be completed). Before you start you will need:
- A face picture of yourself (passport picture or similar) in a Jpeg format for uploading / attaching to your application request
- The names, postal and e-mail addresses of two people that you have asked to be your referees (your Minister, Pastor, Elder etc, and an adult other than a family member that knows you well)
- Have your credit card details ready for your registration fee - Visa, Mastercard, Bankcard cards accepted